8.09.2015

Aussie | Chandra

There are definitely dogs that we work with that I know will be great for someone else's family, but that I don't necessarily bond with. Maybe they are dog reactive, or have a little too high of a prey drive, or the chemistry is just not there. And then, once in awhile, there are the ones I want to scoop up and never give back. Okay, maybe more than once in awhile...

Jensen. Sydney. Murphy. Jackie. And today, Aussie.

Aussie by Shannon Skalisky.
I cannot tell you just how much I wanted to take this girl home.

She is a squiggly, sweet, fun loving doll of a dog. Walks great on leash with the sensible harness, is playful but settles down wonderfully when playtime is over, loves other dogs, rides beautifully in the car, is a great size (not too big and not too small), and has an adorable personality. At the river, I found myself thinking, ah, I bet Teddy would really like her and trying to figure out how to convince Ron that one more dog would be great. I picture two big crates in our living room, two dogs piled on the bed with us, two dogs with their heads in our laps...

Unfortunately, my sanity did eventually return and remind me that it's just not the time for us to add a dog to our family.

But this one, I cannot believe she's still at the shelter after more than a month on the adoption floor. I'm not sure why people are passing her by, but hopefully our video will help.

Please do share lovely Aussie and let's get this girl the home she deserves already! She's going to make someone very, very happy.



Update: We were the fastest foster fail ever...Aussie has found her forever home...with us! When it's right, it's right. To read her story, visit HERE  & HERE.

xx

Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment