1.25.2015

Two Dogs and a Shocking Text-messaging Conversation | Ron (Update: Adopted)

Okay, so this happened.

You can choose to believe or not. But it's true. Every word of it.

Seems that Chandra and I were given the delightful duty of walking a couple of inseparable dogs who were housed in the same kennel.



Their names: Hans and Leia. You, know, like in Star Wars. They were cute Labs-mixed-with-happy-dogs. And they had a bond. In fact, Hans was a little extra bonded to his girlfriend.

He never let Leia out of sight. He followed her everywhere, sometimes bumping into her, seemingly asking for a little extra attention.

Only hours later, after we left the shelter, did we realize that the dogs had quietly removed our cell phones from our pockets and had been texting during a break in one of the outdoor play areas.

The following is the exact transcript from the text-messaging conversation between the two dogs:

     Hans: You were a little standoffish on the walk today.

     Leia: LOL.

     Hans: I wasn't trying to be funny. You barely sniffed me.

     Leia: I was sniffing turkey. Did you see that bag of meat those two humans had?

     Hans: Of course, but still. I was expecting a little paw. Something.

     Leia: We spend 24 hours a day in the kennel. I like a little alone time once in awhile.

     Hans: We were walking together. It was a beautiful day.

     Leia: I saw your tail wagging. You seemed happy.

     Hans: I am happy.

     Leia: So am I. Did you see how well behaved I acted for the humans? I think I impressed them.

     Hans: I wish you'd try to impress me sometimes.

     Leia: You know I love you. You've got swagger.

     Hans: And I'm damn cute.

     Leia: Gotta go. The humans are coming. I think the tall guy has more turkey.

(If you are not seeing the video of Leia & Hans below, please view it HERE.)



Hans & Leia have been adopted. For more information on other amazing dogs still searching for their forever homes, go to SacCountyDogs.com.

1 comment: