2.22.2015

Meet the BBW of the Dog Crowd | Ron (Update: Adopted)

Okay, I know what you're thinking.

I want a pet, but I'm just not sure what to get. I love those Potbellied Pigs, but are they really right for me? Can you take them on a walk? Will they fetch? Will they want me to take them to Calistoga for the occasional mud bath?

Pigs might make you feel cool and suave. How do we know this? George Clooney proudly owned a pig.



On the other hand, you'd really like a loyal, loving dog. You know, with those big tongues and furry coats.

Dogs are cool. So are pigs. Which to get? This is the age-old dilemma faced by all of us.

Well, I say, why not both?

In one very interesting looking animal.

Say, hello, ladies and gentlemen, to Miss Piggy, a delightfully large dog currently available at the Sacramento Animal Shelter on Bradshaw.


Strolling with Miss Piggy Sunday morning, I soon discovered that the only thing bigger than her belly was her tongue, which nearly scraped the ground as she ambled along on her short legs.

Let's face it. Miss Piggy is, shall we say, zoftig. She's the BBW of the dog world. She's got a ton of junk in the trunk. But, c'mon, everyone likes big butts...


Okay, okay, so maybe Miss Piggy can stand to lose a few.  She's okay with that, though. She gamely went along with me as we did a few sprints. And she didn't seem especially ravenous. A nice weight loss program and a visit from Richard Simmons and this dog will be primed for bikini season (I'd personally like to see her in a fetching one-piece).

There, I've made it easy for you. Pig or dog? Get both in one animal. And have a ton of fun.

--Ron

Update 4.1.15: Miss Piggy has been adopted!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I walked the fabulous Miss Piggy on my first day training and commented at the time that she was like a mix between a sofa, a pig, and a dog.

    ReplyDelete